I don’t know about you, but I love Pinterest. There’s so many awesome recipes, workouts, outfits, and designer homes that sometime I can’t pin them on to my corresponding boards fast enough!
My ultimate favorite, though, is browsing through the quotes. If I’m having a down day or feeling uninspired I’ll typically head over to this section for a good ol’ pick me up.
There’s often a flurry of thoughts that cross my mind whilst scrolling:
“Heck no I don’t need a man!” (Sorry honey, yes I need you – but not in the metaphorical I’m-an-independent-woman sense).
“Of course I want to inspire people!”
“Yes, I should eat more vegetables.”
“Why don’t I just let it be?”
“Friends, family, books and wine – what more do I need?”
And of course the list goes on. These quotes usually end up giving me the kick in the pants I need and I’ll then march my way into a productive day.
So what happens when you’re feeling down about your finances? Or need that extra dose of inspiration mixed with motivation to tackle those tough choices and stay on track?
Below I’ve compiled a handy list of Workable Wealth’s Top 15 Ultra Inspiring and Kick Ass Money Quotes to Keep Your Finances in Tact.
Read through ’em, print them out, pin them, share them and ultimately – be inspired by the fact that everyone starts somewhere and even if you take one small step towards improving your finances today – it’s still better than sitting on your butt and doing nothing.
1. “A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart.” ~ Jonathan Swift
2. “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.” ~ Maya Angelou
3. “Money is power, freedom, a cushion, the root of all evil, the sum of blessings.” ~ Carl Sandburg
4. “The art is not in making money, but in keeping it.” ~ Proverb
5. “Money can’t buy happiness, but it will certainly get you a better class of memories.” ~ Ronald Reagan
6. “Money is a guarantee that we may have what we want in the future. Though we need nothing at the moment it insures the possibility of satisfying a new desire when it arises.” ~ Aristotle
7. “Know what you own, and know why you own it.” ~ Peter Lynch
8. “Don’t tell me where your priorities are. Show me where you spend your money and I’ll tell you what they are.” ~ James W. Frick
9. “Money won’t create success, the freedom to make it will.” ~ Nelson Mandela
10. “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” ~ Ayn Rand
11. “Here’s how I think of my money – as soldiers – I send them out to war everyday. I want them to take prisoners and come home, so there’s more of them.” ~ Kevin O’Leary
12. “Sometimes your best investments are the ones you don’t make.” ~ Donald Trump
13.”Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.” ~ Jim Rohn
14. “Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people that they don’t like.” ~ Will Rogers
15.”Long ago, Ben Graham taught me that ‘Price is what you pay; value is what you get.’ Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down.” ~ Warren Buffett