This week I sat down with CPA for Creatives, Amy Northard.
Amy Northard, CPA provides tax preparation and bookkeeping services to creative small business owners. After graduation from Indiana University, and then passing the Certified Public Accountant’s exam, Amy began working at a small/mid-sized accounting firm, primarily with small businesses and personal taxes.
Although she learned a great deal during her time at the firm, she had always felt the pull of entrepreneurship since her days of childhood lemonade stands. Her life-long dream finally came true when she opened Amy Northard, CPA LLC, where she passionately works with creative small business owners all over the US to take the stress out of their creative business taxes.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Why ignoring your taxes results in a lack of clarity around what’s going on with your finances and your business
- When it could be okay to have a loss in your business and the view you should have if there’s a recurring annual loss in your business
- Where to start with getting organized with your taxes
- What paying taxes actually means
- Strategies to look at in reducing what you own in taxes – this doesn’t mean spending more money in your business.
- When it makes sense to do your own taxes versus working with a tax professional
- What to keep in mind when it comes to keeping track of your business write-offs
- How to stop the catch up cycle with your tax
- Amy’s rule of thumb for what to set aside for taxes
- Business bank accounts you need
- Amy’s Website
GET SOCIAL WITH AMY AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE!
ENJOY THE SHOW?