This week I sat down with bookkeeper, Greg Higdon to discuss the importance of having a bookkeeper and what working with one can do for your business.
Greg Higdon is the Founder of Grow the Books, a bookkeeping company for small businesses. With over 13 years of experience in education, he teaches his clients so they are empowered and armed with a clearer understanding of what their numbers mean for their business decisions. When he isn’t balancing books and helping clients you can find him roasting coffee, drinking coffee, and reading about coffee.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- The importance of understanding your profit and loss statement
- What a bookkeeper can do for you
- The difference between gross and net income
- How bookkeeping plays a part in your taxes
- The tax challenges you’ll face if you don’t keep up with your books
- Bookkeeping issues Greg tends to see when they come to him for help
- Some of the terms on your income statement and what they mean for your business
- The benefits of giving your business income and expenses subcategories
- How to know how much your business should be spending in marketing, personnel, sales, etc.
- How often you should be reviewing your profit and loss reports
- Comparing hiring out versus doing your own books
- What to look for when hiring a bookkeeper
- If you want to do your books on your own, do this to make things easier on you
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW
GET SOCIAL WITH GREG AND LET HIM KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HIM HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?