This week I sat down with fellow CFP® Roger Whitney to discuss planning for retirement, some dos and don’ts and baby steps along the way to set you up for success.
Roger Whitney, CFP®, CIMA®, CPWA®, AIF® is a cofounder of WWK Wealth Advisors and host of the award-winning podcast The Retirement Answer Man. He has been a financial planner for over 27 years. Each day he “walks life” with individuals and families, helping them plan for, transition into, and live out their life after a working career.
He is a former instructor of retirement planning and employee benefits for the Certified Financial Planner certificate program at the University of Texas at Arlington. He has also taught wealth management at Texas Christian University Extended Education.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- What does retirement mean for you
- 4 choices that are usually presented to fill the retirement gap
- Why people avoid planning to be a retiree
- What a traditional retirement consist of
- The inspiration people need to take action on long-term planning
- The question people generally have about retiring
- Understanding the W.A.M. process of retirement planning
- How you should view retirement while you’re in the accumulation phase of life
- The approach you don’t want to take when planning to retire
- The group that struggles most with figuring out what a life after work looks like
- The best way to make the transition from full-time worker to retiree
- Why you need clarity and intension around your money decisions
- How to utilize 6 month sprints to achieve your money goals
- Finding the balance of enjoying life now and preparing for life after work
- Why you should focus on the journey and not just the end game
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW
GET SOCIAL WITH ROGER AND LET HIM KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HIM HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?