This week I sat down again with Ariel Ward, CFP® to talk about how to become a millionaire and some of the small steps you can be taking now to help you down the road.
Ariel Ward, CFP® joined Workable Wealth in 2018 as a Financial Planner and in March of this year, made the move to Abacus Wealth Partners with me as a Financial Planner. She and I work closely together on our clients. She has 11 years of experience in the field of personal financial services and in helping clients develop financial clarity. She is passionate about helping professionals understand their financial lives and make better decisions with their money. Ariel is married to a pilot and spends as much time as possible exploring the US with her husband and 2 children. She enjoys working with clients in the aviation industry to make the most of their employee benefits and map out a plan for personal financial strength. She is a member of NAPFA, the XY Planning Network and the Financial Planners Association.
Ariel works virtually out of Charlotte, NC. She enjoys North Carolina’s mountains, beaches and everything in between. In her free time you can catch her walking to one of Charlotte’s excellent breweries, playing Scrabble or building Lego houses with her kids.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- The first thing to do to start growing your net worth
- The question I like to ask all of my clients to help judge progress
- How being debt conscious can be an important step toward millionaire status
- How student loans play into your plan of millionaire status
- How critical employer-sponsored retirement savings accounts can be
- Leveraging a Roth IRA or a backdoor Roth IRA
- If you’re paired up, is maxing out two 401(k)s enough for retirement
- A few items millionaires have leveraged to get to that status
- Other areas to focus on beyond investments when working to become a millionaire
- One of your most valuable assets to help you increase your net worth
- How lifestyle inflation can delay your ability to become a millionaire
- What a $5,000 raise could do to your net worth over 20 years
- A fear small business owners have that could be hurting their millionaire status
- Where a budget plays into your millionaire goal
- The difference between saving a percentage of income vs. a specific dollar amount
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW
GET SOCIAL WITH ARIEL AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?