One of the fun parts of being a financial planner is getting to discuss some of the money moves we’ve made in our household knowing clients and readers are going through similar things. In these Work Your Wealth episodes I’ll be taking time to address how we approached the different money situations and the results of our decisions. Today I’m talking about the what we are doing as we stay home due to COVID-19 and how we are still managing self-care and family time.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- What the headlines around COVID-19 are doing to your fears and anxiety
- Great resources on COVID-19, benefits to be aware of, etc.
- How we are handling the next several weeks in our household
- If you have little ones at home, the importance of sticking to a schedule
- Ideas for the little ones to keep them occupied while they are at home
- Why you should have on hand some creature comforts
- The important financial things you should be doing as COVID-19 spreads and the market reacts
- At a time like this, why you should be reviewing your current expenses
- Adjustments you could make to your personal and retirement accounts
- The importance of staying physically active during a “stay-at-home” mandate
- How to continue to show gratitude in this challenging time
- A few books you could pick up while staying at home
- How to teach your little ones about purchasing power and make it fun
- Things you should focus on during over the next several weeks and months
- Some of the ways the employees at Abacus are practicing self-care
- Ideas on how to serve others, even from home
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW
- Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- New York Times resource
- Master Class
- COVID-19 resource page presented by Abacus
- Abacus Wealth Partners
- Mary Beth
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify or Google Play.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Have a money question you want me to answer? Submit one here.