This week I sat down with Lindsey Woodward, CFP® to talk about how to align your money with your values by investing intentionally.
Lindsey is a financial advisor at Abacus Wealth Partners, which provides fee-only, comprehensive financial advice to help individuals, families and foundations. Lindsey is dedicated to helping the people she works with align their money with their goals and values. She serves on the Abacus Wealth Partners Investment Committee and is a co-leader of the Los Angeles chapter of WISE (Women Investing for a Sustainable Economy).
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- What is meant by “values informed” investing
- Where to get started with investing intentionally
- How Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) play a role in investing
- The reason a portfolio is screened
- Comparing and contrasting divestment, investment and engagement
- How to engage with companies you own shares in
- Tools for you when investing intentionally
- Different platforms and portfolios you can invest intentionally
- Action items to increase ESG options within your 401k
- What to consider when using your brokerage accounts with ESG portfolios
- The different types of holdings you should have in your portfolio
- The biggest benefit of investment diversification
- How to align your money with your values if you don’t have money to invest right now
- How you can bank responsibly through a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI)
- How micro-loans play in an overall financial strategy
- A myth attached to ESG funds
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
GET SOCIAL WITH LINDSEY AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?