This week I sat down again with Wende Headley, CFP® to talk about how to align your career with your values by giving yourself permission to make the pivots and changes you want to make.
Wende is a Certified Financial Planner™, Certified Divorce Financial Analyst, and Partner at Abacus. She leads the firm-wide Women & Money initiative, which provides resources and education about the broad range of financial issues faced by women. In addition to her primary role as wealth manager for her clients, she regularly speaks at local women’s and professional organizations, hosts investment discussion circles with women in Pasadena, and serves as an AARP Tax Aide volunteer for low-income seniors.
She earned an MBA from Harvard University, a BA in Economics and French from the University of Michigan, and a Certificate in Financial Planning from UCLA.
She enjoys spending quality time with her husband and children. Whenever possible, you might find her skiing, running, doing a triathlon, volunteering at her kids’ school, or attempting to get that next book read for her Book Club.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Challenges that dual career couples face
- The career and family decisions that led Wende to becoming a financial planner
- The transitional challenges of full time employee to full time stay-at-home parent and then back to full time employee again
- An insight into discussions Wende had with her husband before the transition
- How communication played a critical role in each career shift
- What it took to become comfortable with all of the changes
- The best way to view your life and career to allow yourself to breathe
- Wende does this to reduce the “noise” in her life
- A great place to start if you’re struggling to give yourself permission in your life and career
- What a values conversation with yourself or your spouse can do for your life
- How often you should check in with life goals for you and your spouse
- What conversations to have with little ones while going through career transitions
- Why it’s important for you and your partner to support each other when discussing career moves to your children
- The most impactful way to create empowerment around your money
- The benefits of understanding your own risk factor
- The comfort of having a financial plan B or plan C
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
GET SOCIAL WITH WENDE AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?