This week I sat down again with Wende Headley, CFP® to talk through some financial planning needs for women and some of the hurdles we tend to face.
Wende is a Certified Financial Planner™, Certified Divorce Financial Analyst, and Partner at Abacus. She leads the firm-wide Women & Money initiative, which provides resources and education about the broad range of financial issues faced by women. In addition to her primary role as wealth manager for her clients, she regularly speaks at local women’s and professional organizations, hosts investment discussion circles with women in Pasadena, and serves as an AARP Tax Aide volunteer for low-income seniors.
She earned an MBA from Harvard University, a BA in Economics and French from the University of Michigan, and a Certificate in Financial Planning from UCLA.
She enjoys spending quality time with her husband and children. Whenever possible, you might find her skiing, running, doing a triathlon, volunteering at her kids’ school, or attempting to get that next book read for her Book Club.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- A big issue women tend to face around money
- Why it’s challenging for women to take action in their financial lives
- The best way to tackle money organization in your life
- How a financial planner can help when you’re feeling stuck
- How to take the first step in getting organized with your money
- The different approaches Wende takes with her clients
- What goals clients come to Wende with around their money
- The biggest money topic women tend to struggle with
- How Wende engages with women who don’t normally handle the finances in a relationship
- The motivation for change for women around their finances
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- Women in Money Abacus Page
GET SOCIAL WITH WENDE AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?