A sought-after clinician, consultant, speaker, and writer, Dr. Joy Lere is a psychologist who practices at the intersection of behavior and business, specializing in work on the merger of money, mind, and meaning. Her signature work fuses Freud, Frankl, and the world of finance. She partners with bright, impact-driven, motivated professionals motivated to develop richer, more resonant lives. With one foot firmly planted in the field of psychology and the other waltzing down Wall Street, she works as a behavioral finance consultant for the financial services industry. She has previously served as an Associate Clinical Professor of Clinical Psychology at George Washington University and has held clinical and research positions at Children’s National Medical Center, Penn Medicine Princeton Health, and the Department of Defense.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- How Joy entered the world of finance
- How people are handling their financial lives in the current state of the world
- Why it makes sense to continue self-care during the pandemic
- What self-care actually means (and looks like)
- The reasons being a perfectionist could be harming you
- Why giving yourself grace could alter in your life
- How social media is hurting you
- Ways to navigate the roller coaster of up and down days
- Questions to ask yourself during this time to move you forward
- How to simultaneously practice empathy and self-care
- Why it’s important to take time for yourself (even when it seems as if there is no time)
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
GET SOCIAL WITH JOY AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify or Google Play.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Have a money question you want me to answer? Submit one here.