As both a tax attorney and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Brian provides comprehensive financial planning to LGBTQ entrepreneurs who run mission-driven businesses. Entrepreneurs hold a special place in his heart. He spent a decade defending them against the IRS as a tax attorney and has become one himself as an advisor.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- How Brian evolved from a tax attorney into a CFP™
- Navigating unique financial needs for the LGBTQ community
- The impact of marriage on a couples’ finances
- Estate planning challenges for domestic partnerships
- The financial paperwork that should be in place for every couple
- How to navigate different mindsets around money
- Financial planning tools for future family members
- What it means to run a mission-driven business
- How to mitigate “shiny object syndrome”
- Where to begin if you want to create change in the world
- The best way to measure your passion around an issue
- How to leverage your unique expertise to make an impact
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- Brian Thompson’s Forbes page
- George Kinder Process
- Klontz Money Script Inventory
GET SOCIAL WITH BRIAN AND LET HIM KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HIM HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify or Google Play.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Have a money question you want me to answer? Submit one here.