John Eing is a partner and financial advisor at Abacus Wealth Partners. As a financial advisor, John is passionate about simplifying and demystifying finances for his clients, and creating sound financial strategies allowing them to do what they love most. He is also a member of the firm’s M&A team and investment committee. Prior to joining Abacus, John was the Controller of Wells Fargo’s $30B asset-based lending group. He holds an Executive MBA from the Anderson School of Management at UCLA, a BA in Economics from UC Berkeley, is a Certified Public Accountant, and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™.
In his free time, John and his wife, Andrea, enjoy spending time with their two children Nathan (8) and Mia (4). In his free, free time John is an avid fan of the Los Angeles Lakers.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- How Abacus Wealth Partners is focusing on diversity, equity and inclusion
- Why you should do everything that makes you feel uncomfortable in business
- The difference between diversity and inclusion
- The path that led John to financial planning and Abacus Wealth Partners
- How to provide a space to openly discuss diversity, equity and inclusion in the work environment
- The benefits seen at Abacus with the cultural lunch and learns
- Diversity gaps in the financial industry
- How understanding your client’s cultural background can make you a better advisor
- A hurdle for financial education across different nationalities
- How to turn the diversity, equity and inclusion conversation into action
- Why personal finance must be taught in schools
- What progress might look like when expanding diversity in the financial industry
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- Economic vs Financial Planning Education Survey
- Save More Tomorrow by Shlomo Benartzi
- The Digital Nervous System by Bill Gates
GET SOCIAL WITH JOHN AND LET HIM KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HIM HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?