DO MY THOUGHTS AROUND MONEY AFFECT MY SPENDING HABITS?
This week I had the chance to chat with Dr. Daniel Crosby, a behavioral finance expert.
Dr. Daniel Crosby is a behavioral finance expert, a sought after thought leader on market psychology, and the founder of Nocturne Capital. Dr. Crosby created the sentiment and valuation measures that serve as the overlay for Nocturne’s tactical strategy. His ideas have appeared in the Huffington Post, Think Advisor, and Risk Management, as well as columns for WealthManagement.com and Investment News.
Daniel was named one of Investment News “40 Under 40” and a financial blogger you should be reading by AARP. Daniel’s second book, “Personal Benchmark”, co-authored with Charles Widger of Brinker Capital, was a New York Times bestseller that outlines a highly personalized approach to investing that aligns intention with action while fostering an investment experience that is both enjoyable and rational.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- What simple decisions are predictors of whether or not you reach your goals.
- Why people who work with an advisor do better with their finances than those who don’t.
- The number one thing people can do to streamline their investments.
- How your ego is impacting your financial picture.
- The impact establishing and following money rules can have in meeting your financial goals.
- Why we think that money needs to be sexy (when it really doesn’t).
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- The Laws of Wealth: Psychology and the Secret to Investing Success
- Nocture Capital
- Personal Benchmark
GET SOCIAL WITH DANIEL AND LET HIM KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HIM HERE!
ENJOY THE SHOW?