I’ve had the same credit card for as long as I can remember. I’m hearing a lot about rewards programs and the need to maximize my options. What should I know when I’m shopping for a credit card?
I’m in my late 30s and I feel like I’m doing okay with savings, but I’m not sure that I’m doing enough. How much should I have saved by now?
One of the fun parts of being a financial planner is getting to field and answer questions from clients and readers all around the country. In these Work Your Wealth episodes I’ll be taking time to address and answer questions I’ve come across from readers and clients throughout my career. Today I’m answering the above questions:
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- How we maximize credit card rewards in our household.
- Why your APR is and how it varies for different uses.
- What to keep in mind when looking for the best rewards programs.
- How your credit score can impact your APR and the credit limit available to you.
- Why your personal situation will determine what you need to stash away.
- Questions to ask yourself about goals and life to determine the amount you need to stash away.
- How to tell if you’re doing enough on your own.
- Rules of thumb to use in determining the amount you need to save.
LINKS MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- Nerd Wallet Credit Card Comparison
- Get Your Social Security Benefit Statement
- Work Your Wealth: 9 Steps to Making Smarter Choices With Your Money
- Work Your Wealth Facebook Community
- 9 Steps to Workable Wealth
ENJOY THE SHOW?