This week I sat down with author, publisher and speaker, Lara Casey.
Lara Casey is a mom to three (one through the gift of adoption), a grateful wife, and a believer in the impossible (she and her husband have quite the story!). She is passionate about helping people get unstuck, unrushed, and living on purpose instead of by accident. To help with those things, she created the PowerSheets™, a grace-filled goal setting planner, the Write the Word™ journals, and founded Southern Weddings a decade ago. You can read her whole story in her first book, Make It Happen: Surrender Your Fear, Take the Leap, Live On Purpose. You can meet Lara on her weekly Facebook Live, on her blog, or at the Making Things Happen conference. Lara loves the women she works alongside each day, the smell of white lilies, getting her hands dirty in the garden, exploring local farms, and living in Chapel Hill, NC!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Lara’s story and how she got to where she is todays (and some of the issues and experiences she encountered along the way)
- The importance of sketching out your goals in all areas of life; not just in business
- Why it’s okay to GROW SLOW and what that can look like in your life
- How to become comfortable and okay in growing slow
- The importance of not just looking at the big picture, but also looking at the REALLY BIG picture
- Considerations for running your business out of your home
- The importance of intentionality in your business and your life
- Why it’s a good idea to visualize where you want to be when you’re 80 years old
- The difference between living by accident vs. living on purpose
- How (and where) to begin with Living on Purpose
- How to get on track with pursuing what’s meaningful to you
- Why progress is more important that perfection and tips to help you stay focused on progress
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
GET SOCIAL WITH LARA AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE!
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Have a money question you want me to answer? Submit one here.