This week I sat down with financial expert and author, Deacon Hayes.
Deacon Hayes is a financial expert and founder of Well Kept Wallet. He has been featured in many news publications including Yahoo Finance, US News & World Report, CNN Money and more.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- How Deacon paid off $52,000 of debt in 18 months and how that type of mentality could lead to a much earlier retirement age.
- Why Deacon sold a car he was upside down on and how it helped him achieve his goal.
- How Deacon and his wife stayed motivated to keep things going.
- The importance of communication if you’re partnered up around your finances.
- What financial independence means and why you need to have something planned after reaching it.
- How being financially independent can positively impact your family life.
- Why it’s important to know what you want to do when you “retire” and why you should work on your answer now.
- Why you need to understand how to make money (and considerations you may be missing out on).
- How you can automate making money and remove yourself from the equation.
- The three different paths you can take to early retirement.
- What Deacon’s business is earning and a peak under the hood at net earnings as well.
- How Deacon’s book analyzes different perspectives and paths to financial independence.
- How you can diversify your income streams to reach financial independence.
- Why establishing goals are so important and how they can prevent you from encountering “lifestyle creep.”
- Where to start when figuring out what your number is for financial independence.
- Common mistakes people make when attempting to work towards early retirement.
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
GET SOCIAL WITH DEACON AND LET HIM KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HIM HERE!
- Deacon’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
ENJOY THE SHOW?