This week I sat down with author and thrifty lifestyle blogger, Kim Anderson.
Kim Anderson is the author of Live, Save, Spend, Repeat: The Life You Want with the Money You Have. She’s also a thrifty lifestyle blogger, podcaster and Blogging Coach. She lives in North Carolina with her Youtuber husband, 6 year old son and adorably identical twin baby girls.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- How Kim’s parents influenced her and created a domino effect of becoming debt free in her life.
- How Kim’s family celebrated being mortgage-free.
- How Kim and her husband made the decision to go from two incomes to one.
- Where Kim’s entrepreneurial spirit came from.
- How credit card fraud impacted Kim’s life.
- Why and how Kim made the transition to a cash based life.
- The little things Kim did (and you can do too) to pay off your mortgage sooner.
- How a little bit of money can make a big impact on your debt.
- The importance of understanding the true amount that you’ll pay for a home (or any debt).
- What changed for Kim and her husband once the mortgage was paid off.
- How turning your finances into a game can encourage your progress.
- What amortization is and how to use it in your situation.
- Why teamwork is imperative when paying off a large debt.
- How Kim still budgeted for items that brought happiness even while paying down debt.
- What to know and consider around your budget before purchasing a home.
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- Thrifty Little Mom
- Kim Anderson Consulting
- Live, Save, Spend, Repeat by Kim Anderson
- Amortization Calculator
GET SOCIAL WITH KIM AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE!
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Have a money question you want me to answer? Submit one here.