HOW DO I TALK TO MY PARENTS ABOUT THEIR MONEY AND RETIREMENT?
One of the fun parts of being a financial planner is getting to field and answer questions from clients and readers all around the country. In these Work Your Wealth episodes I’ll be taking time to address and answer questions I’ve come across from readers and clients throughout my career. Today I’m answering the above question.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- What you should be asking yourself now as it relates to your parents and money
- The importance of talking to your parents about THEIR money
- Money questions we’ve been asking our parents
- A few ideas to open up the money conversation
- How personal money stories can ease the conversation with parents about their money
- Why you’re asking these questions about your parent’s finances
- Why your parents should visualize how they see retirement
- Different revenue streams you should be aware of for your parents
- How your parents healthcare plan could affect you
- The biggest cost retirees face in retirement
- Why you want your parents to have an estate plan set up
- Items to look for in an estate plan
- Why you need to ask, “Will you need my help?”
- The reason you should ask your parents about their retirement finances
- How to plan now to help your parents in retirement
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- Money Questions You Should Be Asking Your Parents Blog
- Helping Your Parents Financially Without Going Broke Blog
- Schedule a free 30-minute consultation with me
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify or Google Play.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Have a money question you want me to answer? Submit one here.