This week I sat down with Student Loan Planner, Travis Hornsby to talk about student loan debt.
Travis founded Student Loan Planner after helping his wife figure out her six figure med school loans and realizing that all their friends needed help too. He’s consulted on more than $250 million of student debt, which is more than any one person in the country. He loves helping clients realize that financial freedom and security is possible no matter how high their student loan balance. He lives in St. Louis, MO.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- How Travis got into the student loan business
- The difference between undergraduate and graduate student loans
- Where most people get into trouble with student loan debt
- The two best approaches when you are in a ton of student loan debt
- How much debt you should have if you’re considering the refinancing option
- A large tax bill doesn’t have to be as scary as you think
- The importance of shopping around during refinancing
- Places to turn to if you feel your student loan debt is unbearable
- How to manage stress from student loan debt
- Options to deal with student loan debt as a couple
- Conversations to have with your spouse if one or both of you have student loan debt
- Common professions that find themselves in student loan debt
- The shift in the education industry that is increasing student loan debt
- Why you should look at a financial aid/school admissions department like a sketchy used car lot
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: (800) 273-TALK
- Student Loan Planner Refinancing Quiz
- Student Loan Planner Refinancing Bonuses
GET SOCIAL WITH TRAVIS AND LET HIM KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HIM HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?