This week I sat down with Consultant and Wish Route Founder, Jess Lynch.
Jess Lynch grew up in the Boston area and has always had a love for business. She went to Babson College as an u’grad and met her now husband, Conor, on the third day of freshman orientation 🙂 After graduating, she pursued her Masters in Accounting and her CPA. She then spent 4 years in Forensic Consulting, investigating corporate fraud and calculating economic damages in litigation cases and disputes before going back to her alma mater for her MBA. During her MBA program, she was inspired by the recognition of a wish epidemic – she kept hearing friends say again and again that they wish they were exercising or eating healthier and something clicked. Jess founded Wish Route, an accountability service that gets users unstuck with their wellness intentions and moving forward. Jess graduated from her MBA program in May as the valedictorian of her class and is now developing Wish Route full-time.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- What Wish Route is and how it could benefit you
- Why people need an accountability partner, even with small tasks
- The importance of taking the first step
- The benefits of an accountability partner
- The reasons behind Jess starting Wish Route
- How Jess stayed on track for launching her business
- Why the right team behind launching a business could make a huge impact
- Lessons from Jess’s previous career that helped her launch Wish Route
- The value of asking the tough questions when gathering feedback about your product or service
- The approach we should all take when receiving constructive criticism
- How to approach failure with the right perspective
- Why Jess feels it’s important to be comfortable with being uncomfortable
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
GET SOCIAL WITH JESS AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?