Investment mistakes can have a long lasting effect on your financial well-being and is something we want to help you avoid!
This week I sat down with one of Workable Wealth’s very own Financial Planners, Ariel Ward, CFP®.
Ariel Ward, CFP® joined Workable Wealth in 2018 as a Financial Planner. She has 10 years of experience in the field of personal financial services and in helping clients develop financial clarity. She is passionate about helping professionals in their 20s-40s understand their financial lives and make better decisions with their money.
Ariel is married to a pilot and spends as much time as possible exploring the US with her husband and 2 children. She enjoys working with clients in the aviation industry to make the most of their employee benefits and map out a plan for personal financial strength. She is a member of NAPFA, the XY Planning Network and the Financial Planners Association.
Ariel works virtually out of Charlotte, NC. She enjoys North Carolina’s mountains, beaches and everything in between. In her free time you can catch her walking to one of Charlotte’s excellent breweries, playing Scrabble or building Lego houses with her kids.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- How Ariel came to join the Workable Wealth team
- Ariel’s experience as a Financial Planner and what she brings to the team
- Investment mistakes Workable Wealth has seen with clients that we want to help you avoid
- How expense ratios effect your investment
- The expense ratios Workable Wealth likes to target
- Why too much cash on hand can be a weakness
- The risk of holding too much cash
- The best way to avoid concentration risk
- The two industry sectors people focus a lot of their allocations on
- The explanation of diversification through the use of boats in a bay
- The risk of having too many accounts spread across multiple brokerages
- A few account consolidation tricks that could benefit your investment accounts
- Why the lack of clarity around your portfolio can be costly
- An explanation of short and long term gains
- When and how much taxes you would be paying on gains
- How to capitalize on losses from year to year
- An important reason to be participating in your company’s 401K plan
- The reason for contributing to a 401K plan over a whole life policy
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- What to do if you’re sitting on too much cash blog post
- Work Your Wealth: 9 Steps to Making Smarter Choices With Your Money
- The Cost of Waiting blog post
- No You Don’t Need Universal Life Insurance blog post
GET SOCIAL WITH ARIEL AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?