This week I sat down with lawyer and entrepreneur, Autumn Witt Boyd to discuss how to start and scale a business.
Autumn is an experienced lawyer who helps ambitious and creative business owners reach their big goals. Together with her team at The AWB Firm, Autumn guides online and e-commerce businesses as they grow. She has special expertise in copyright and trademark issues, and her firm offers full-service legal support to creative businesses.
Autumn also hosts the Legal Road Map® podcast, which teaches business owners how to protect their rights and stay out of legal hot water. She lives in Chattanooga, TN with her husband Dave, twin boys Sam and Tyson, and daughter Vivian.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- The importance of understanding your purpose when building a business
- The reality of the first few years of entrepreneurship
- Ways to still have an income when launching your business
- How your network can be your best tool when starting a business
- Different ways to market your business before you launch
- How to leverage an assistant in your business
- When is a good time to bring on an assistant
- Determining when to have part time vs. full time staff
- Dealing with the pressures of having a full time employee
- What to do to remove some of the financial pressure when bringing on a new employee
- Bringing on an assistant or employee needs to have a WHY behind it
- Knowing when it’s time to get (or upgrade) your office space & how to deal with increased overhead
- Options to consider if you can’t find affordable space
- How to keep the vision of your business moving forward
- The best reason to evaluate where YOU are lacking when hiring an employee
- When you’re business takes off, how to control the growth
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- Kendrick Shope Sale School
- Being Boss
- Tara Gentile (Tara McMullin)
- Heather Hubbard Coaching
- The Legal Roadmap Podcast
GET SOCIAL WITH AUTUMN AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?