This week I sat down with fellow financial planner and CPA, Anjali Jariwala to discuss how to figure out how to find the right financial advisor for you.
Anjali Jariwala CPA, CFP® founded FIT Advisors to save her clients time and help guide them to better financial decisions. As a mom, business owner and wife of a physician, she understands the opportunities as well as challenges that young professionals face. Whether you’re running a medical practice, looking at your first job or navigating money conversations in a new marriage – she knows your home life and financial future is not the average juggling act. Anjali believes in a more hands-on advising approach – we pull all the pieces together to provide you with peace of mind.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Questions that come up around hiring a financial planner
- Barriers people put up for not hiring a financial planner
- How to address the emotional side of money
- How a financial planner can provide a safe space to talk about your money
- Important items to look for when searching for a financial planner
- Fiduciary explained and why your financial advisor should be in this category
- Fee-only versus fee-based financial planners
- A few things to consider when finding the right fit for your financial planner
- How comfort and the ability to relate can be crucial for picking your financial planner
- Why your financial planner shouldn’t be afraid to have the tough conversations with you
- Why you may not get the sample plan you ask for when interviewing a financial planner
- The questions you SHOULD be asking instead
- The peace of mind a financial planner can bring to your life
- The fees discussed and the value that you get
- Why fees will be different when comparing financial planners
- Different options to pay your financial planner to make it work best for you
- The challenges and pitfalls you might run into down the “do it yourself” route
GET SOCIAL WITH ANJALI AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify or Google Play.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Have a money question you want me to answer? Submit one here.