This week I sat down with author and fellow Certified Financial Planner, Laura Mattia to talk about the importance of financial literacy for women.
Laura Mattia, Ph.D., MBA, CFP, CDFA, is the author of Gender On Wall Street: Uncovering Opportunities for Women in Financial Services. With over 30 years of financial leadership experience, Laura has hired, mentored and trained hundreds of female financial professionals. Currently she is developing the new Personal Financial Planning degree at University of South Florida with a focus on gender and diversity.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- The driving force behind a woman’s financial literacy
- Why both people in a relationship need to have an understanding of finances
- Who’s ultimate responsibility it is to manage finances
- How having common financials goals can impact your marriage
- What the fifth wave of women’s movement looks like
- Where women need to get involved when it comes to money
- Why financial empowerment is so impactful
- Steps to take to let go of the “Bag Lady Syndrome”
- Laura’s path into the financial planning arena and resources that helped her
- Organizations you may find helpful as a financial planner
- The stark differences between men and women‘s financial education
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- Laura’s TedX Talk
- Women’s Money Empowerment Network
- Gender On Wall Street: Uncovering Opportunities for Women in Financial Services
GET SOCIAL WITH LAURA AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?