This week I had sat down with Jessica Rhodes to discuss how she launched and scaled her business in the very new industry of podcasting.
Jessica is the founder and equal co-owner of Interview Connections, the first and leading podcast booking agency. She has scaled the business quickly to high multiple six figures, with nearly no direct marketing or ads, and will break through the 7-figure mark in 2019. The Interview Connections team of Booking Agents are the podcast powerhouses behind many of the record breaking book launches you’ve seen today, with clients such as Ali Brown, JJ Virgin, Perry Marshall, other authors you may know, and numerous PR agencies who hire them for their podcasting savvy and booking skills.
Jessica started podcasting in 2014 with the launch of Rock The Podcast and also has co-hosted several other shows including The Podcast Producers and Womensplaining.
She is the acclaimed author of Interview Connections: How to #RockThePodcast From Both Sides of the Mic and has been a featured speaker at Podcast Movement, Podfest Multimedia Expo, and Dream Business Academy. She is married and is the mom of two kids, Nathan and Lucy.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- The “blue ocean” Jessica discovered with podcast booking
- Business transformations that occurred from launch to today
- How to set pricing for your business
- Knowing when it’s okay to continue to increase pricing for your services
- Why Jessica shifted her business model from contractors to employees
- How employees worked better for her business model
- The biggest struggle she faced when getting her business started
- The financial approach she took when launching her business
- Balancing business goals and personal goals
- The background of bringing on Margy Feldhuhn as co-owner
- Building a business without ads and marketing
- Using your referral network to grow your business
- How proactively asking for referrals can positively impact your business
- Other avenues to market a business through your network
- How to keep an eye on your business numbers when there is more than one owner
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
GET SOCIAL WITH JESSICA AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?