This week I sat down with financial planner Scott Frank chat about life planning – what it is and how it helps in using your money as a tool to achieve the life you want.
Scott is the founder of Stone Steps Financial, a firm created to help professionals and families understand their financial lives and position themselves to reach their fullest potential. He does this job because he loves it. He truly enjoys taking complex issues and helping clients understand them.
Scott lives in a little beach town, Cardiff by the Sea, just north of San Diego with his wife, Amanda, their sons, Lucas and Daxton, and their dog Sophia. When he’s not geeking out on financial news or white papers you’ll find him surfing with friends (Stone Steps is named for a surf break just a few minutes north of his house), running along the Pacific Coast Highway, or spending time with his family. He strongly believes in giving back and currently serves on the Leadership Development Committee for NAPFA.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- How to use life planning to better strategize your money goals
- How to EVOKE the life you want to live
- Four things you can always invest in and how to optimize that investment
- The impact felt by those who have gone through life planning
- The three questions to ask yourself to help you live a more intentional life
- The importance of writing goals down and discussing them with an accountability partner
- The best process to discover what really matters most to you
- What can get overlooked when you are just focused on the money
- How to identify what is getting in your way to the life you want to live
- A few common changes people would like to make in their lives
- Why you must figure out what matters most before executing a solid financial plan
- How a sounding board can keep you on track with your life goals
- The most important tool to reach the life goals you have for yourself
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW
- George Kinder
- George Kinder’s 3 Questions
- Carl Richards
- The EVOKE Process
- Tim McGraw’s Live Like You Were Dying
GET SOCIAL WITH SCOTT AND LET HIM KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HIM HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify or Google Play.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Have a money question you want me to answer? Submit one here.