This week I sat down business coach, writer, designer and pocaster Ilana Burk to talk about tiny living and how this style of living could affect your finances.
Illana helps people find and create thriving livelihoods centered around their life’s work. She’s host of the Good Business Podcast and owner of Your Life’s Workshop. With an MBA in Sustainable Enterprise and nearly 20 years of experience working with small business owners, Illana takes a fiercely rebellious and wildly ethical approach to making money.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- What is tiny living and what it entails
- The three sub communities of tiny living
- What it’s like going from 2200 square feet of living down to 160 square feet
- How to do tiny living with a toddler
- One of the biggest reasons behind doing tiny living
- How long Ilana and her family expect to continue doing family living
- A few of the pros and cons of tiny living
- Unexpected challenges that come up that you might not think about
- One of Ilana’s least favorite things about tiny living
- How a focus on sustainability came into play
- The importance of knowing your enough, in business, in finances and in life
- The increased and decreased costs in tiny living
- The effects tiny living has on your savings goals
- How rent will still be a cost you need to consider
- How a mailing address plays into tiny living and how that could affect your taxes
- Why you must get into the details if you want to have success in tiny living
- A few key pieces of advice if you are considering tiny living
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW
- Good Business Podcast
- Your Life’s Workshop
- Discovering Your “Enough” with Paul Jarvis Work Your Wealth Podcast Episode
- Seth Godin’s Mastermind
GET SOCIAL WITH ILANA AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify or Google Play.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Have a money question you want me to answer? Submit one here.