This week I sat down again with Ariel Ward, CFP® to talk about things to think about before buying a home.
Ariel Ward, CFP® joined Workable Wealth in 2018 as a Financial Planner and in March of this year, made the move to Abacus Wealth Partners with me as a Financial Planner. She and I work closely together on our clients. She has 11 years of experience in the field of personal financial services and in helping clients develop financial clarity. She is passionate about helping professionals understand their financial lives and make better decisions with their money. Ariel is married to a pilot and spends as much time as possible exploring the US with her husband and 2 children. She enjoys working with clients in the aviation industry to make the most of their employee benefits and map out a plan for personal financial strength. She is a member of NAPFA, the XY Planning Network and the Financial Planners Association.
Ariel works virtually out of Charlotte, NC. She enjoys North Carolina’s mountains, beaches and everything in between. In her free time you can catch her walking to one of Charlotte’s excellent breweries, playing Scrabble or building Lego houses with her kids.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Why people have hesitation around investing
- Some fears people relate investing to
- Why you shouldn’t use the news as a guide for to invest
- Translating the market changes to your investments
- How risk tolerance and asset allocation play into your investment portfolio
- Questions to ask yourself when considering different investment vehicles
- The trend of the market over a long period of time
- Investment vehicles for different levels of risk and what that means for your money
- The good and bad of taking on more risk in your investments
- Why you should understand the emotional aspect of investing
- How a financial planner can help you navigate your capacity for risk
- Should you invest when the markets are high?
- How to utilize dollar cost averaging to support your emotional side of investing
- What is meant when talking about “investing”
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW
GET SOCIAL WITH ARIEL AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?