Though she has always had a penchant for numbers, she took a bit of an interesting route to becoming a CFP but now loves every minute of it. If she had her druthers she’d be living on a farm and working as a farmer/financial planner. She’s married, has 5 siblings, love reading, horses, and helping folks systematize their money lives.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- How Emily got into financial planning and what convinced her to become a CFP®
- The inner discovery she made by deciding to work at Abacus Wealth Partners
- When your inner voice tells you “You can’t” how to get to “You can!”
- Why it’s important to face the things you are afraid of
- Emily’s timeline of getting to Abacus
- How money relationships can evolve overtime
- The importance of taking control of your finances
- Two different approaches to managing savings goals
- Which archetype category do you fall into?
- The impact that is made going from a saver to an investor
- Emily’s other passion besides financial planning
- Future savings bucket to consider as you grow in your career
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW
GET SOCIAL WITH EMILY AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE
ENJOY THE SHOW?