This week I had the chance to chat with Paula Pant about all things rental real estate.
Paula Pant is a self-proclaimed globetrotter, entrepreneur and investor. She is a journalist-turned-blogger who helps entrepreneurs shatter limits, ditch the cubicle and live life on their own terms. She has traveled to 33 countries and owns seven rental properties. Her belief is that money can fuel your dreams and that it’s about growing your wealth, not pinching pennies. Her blog Afford Anything is part of a larger movement to allow people to ditch the 9-5 lifestyle and master their money to embark on their dreams.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- How to streamline the amount of time you spend on renovating and managing your rental properties
- What’s most important when building a team to assist in maintaining your real estate portfolio
- What’s to think about when selecting a location to purchase your rental property
- Realistic expectations on the time commitment involved in finding and analyzing a property
- The hardest part of the rental real estate game
- The numbers needed to arrive at your Net Operating Income and how to arrive at your Cap Rate (and what it is)
- What Passive Income really looks like (and entails)
- Where to start and what to consider in building your renovation team
- Why informational interviews also apply to rental real estate investing
- A good rule of thumb for how much to set aside in a rental emergency fund
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- Paula’s Website Afford Anything
GET SOCIAL WITH PAULA AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE!
ENJOY THE SHOW?