This week I sat down with fellow financial planner and CFP®, Jude Boudreaux.
Jude is a Partner with The Planning Center. Previously he founded Upperline Financial Planning in 2010, and has been involved in the planning industry for 17 years. His personal mission is to help others live their lives on purpose. He lives in New Orleans with his patient and understanding wife Karen and kids Lucy and Charlie.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- The biggest misconception people have when it comes to thinking about their retirement
- What financial independence has to do with retirement and the choices you make for you future
- How you can begin thinking about and envisioning your retirement
- Why it’s important to have a next phase
- The changes you can make today when you start reflecting on your future and how the choices on the margin will impact how successful you are in reaching your goals
- How to plan around your money past, money present and money future
- Why it’s important to have financial mentors and what informational interviews can do for you
- The power of story in effecting change in your life
- How often retirement goes exactly how you imagine and plan and what a good outcome looks like
- Why it’s important to try on experiences before committing
- Whether you should have a specific age to focus on for retirement
- What family health and longevity has to do with your retirement plan
- Whether of not you should count on Social Security
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
GET SOCIAL WITH JUDE AND LET HIM KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HIM HERE!
ENJOY THE SHOW?