This week I sat down with Productivity Expert and founder of inkWELL Press, Tonya Dalton.
Tonya is a productivity expert who started her first business in 2009 working out of her dining room juggling two small kids. By 2011, she had grown the business to the point where her husband could leave corporate America and come work with her. By combining her entrepreneurial spirit with his MBA and marketing experience, they were able to grow a small niche business quickly into something that could support their family.
The company continued to flourish, but something was missing. In the summer of 2014 she closed up shop to follow her true passion of starting inkWELL Press – a company centered around productivity tools and training. inkWELL Press launched in November of 2014 and has been able to rapidly grow its online presence and expand into a national retail partnership thanks to a commitment to quality, focused marketing efforts and fiercely loyal fans. Recently Tonya launched her podcast, Productivity Paradox, which debuted at #12 in iTunes in the Business category and surpassed 100,000 downloads in the first few months.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Where people are making the biggest mistakes and wasting time in their lives
- What productivity is about
- How to discern between what’s important and what’s keeping you busy
- The difference between multi-tasking, switch-tasking and background-tasking
- How to reframe your “all the things” mindset
- Why you should value the white space in your life
- How reflection exercises and determining what you feel bad about can help you to prioritize
- Systems to use in structuring your day to focus on priorities
- How automations can make household and business tasks more manageable
- How to convert your “To Do” list into a Priority list
- Why it’s important to say ‘no’ from time to time.
- Why having nothing planned should be on your list of priorities when it comes to productivity.
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
GET SOCIAL WITH TONYA AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE!
ENJOY THE SHOW?