This week I sat down with Financial Advisor and Certified Divorce Financial Analyst, Laurie Itkin.
Laurie Itkin is a financial advisor and certified divorce financial analyst who specializes in helping women transition financially from married to single life. She is passionate about increasing the financial literacy of under-served populations and provides pro-bono financial planning through the San Diego Financial Literacy Center. Her book, “Every Woman Should Know Her Options: Invest Your Way to Financial Empowerment,” became an Amazon best seller in three categories. Laurie also offers an affordable online course specifically for recently-divorced women called, “How Not to Run Out of Money: The Recently-Divorced Woman’s Guide to Financial Independence.” She received her B.S. in economics with a concentration in finance from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- What a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst is
- Considerations when planning to keep the home as a part of a divorce settlement
- The biggest financial mistakes people are making when it comes to dividing assets and the growth potential you’re giving up
- How you may unknowingly turn yourself into a martyr
- The changes that you’re going to face in downshifting your lifestyle
- Why knowing your priorities is important and debt is not an option
- Where to begin in getting financially organized if you’re preparing for a divorce
- How to find your assets and debts and educate yourself up front
- What a settlement agreement is and why it’s important to take action on it ASAP
- What a Qualified Domestic Relationship Order is and how it benefits you
- Where to begin with securing and protecting what is yours (and what you’re probably overlooking)
- How to start with getting track of what is coming in versus what is going out
- Why it’s important to live below your means now
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- The Options Lady
- Every Women Should Know Her Options
- How Not to Run Out of Money: The Recently Divorced Woman’s Guide to Financial Independence
- Laurie’s website
GET SOCIAL WITH LAURIE AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE!
ENJOY THE SHOW?