AM I HANDLING MY STUDENT LOANS CORRECTLY?
This week I sat down with fellow CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and blogger, Natalie Bacon.
Natalie is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ at a registered investment advisory firm during the day, and a blogger at night. She’s been featured in Forbes, CNBC, MSNBC, US News, and The Huffington Post. Before all this, Natalie was an attorney, but quit because she hated it. You can find Natalie on her blog, at NatalieBacon.com.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- The biggest hang up people have when it comes to facing student loan debt
- The importance of understanding the terms of your student loans and why the details matter
- Problems with the student loan debt forgiveness plan (and why it isn’t as great as you think it might be)
- Understanding the negative aspects of refinancing Federal students loans
- Whether you have the right insurance in place for your student loans (Yes, this is a thing!)
- Whether it’s better to invest or tackle student loan debt
- Understanding some of the differences between federal and private student loans
- A big (incorrect) assumption people make when it comes to qualifying for different student loan programs
- How to work in your goals when you have student debt to pay off
- Benefits of paying off your loans early instead of dragging them out
- A few traditional and not so traditional ways to increase what you putting towards your student loans.
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
GET SOCIAL WITH NATALIE AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE!
ENJOY THE SHOW?