One of the fun parts of being a financial planner is getting to field and answer questions from clients and readers all around the country. In these Work Your Wealth episodes I’ll be taking time to address and answer questions I’ve come across from readers and clients throughout my career. Today I’m answering the following questions:
- What should I consider about infertility treatments and my finances?
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- How many people experience infertility
- Our story with infertility and how it affected our finances
- What you need to know to be better prepared if you are going through infertility issues or looking at adoption
- Questions to ask ahead of time around fertility treatments so you don’t derail your financial situation
- Where to start when you find out you and your spouse do have fertility issues
- Questions to ask your insurance company to better identify what you will/will not have to pay for out of pocket
- What to do and how to approach the initial consultation
- What you should bring with you to every meeting
- More questions to ask your insurance provider.
- The importance of knowing your limit (emotionally, financially, and length of time) if you are having fertility issues
- Why it’s important to approach the situation with a more conservative financial limit
LINKS MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- 10 Things to Know About Infertility and Your Finance
- Bunless Oven: Bring Hope to Your Trying-to-Conceive Tears by Sandi Sheehan, MA
- Beat Infertility Podcast Interview with Mary Beth
- Schedule a free 30-minute consultation with me
- Work Your Wealth: 9 Steps to Making Smarter Choices With Your Money
- 9 Steps to Workable Wealth
ENJOY THE SHOW?