This week I was so exited to talk with Erica Gellerman, a Career Consultant and Chief Curator of The Worth Project.
Erica Gellerman is a career consultant and advisor who helps women find their worth in the workplace. Having spent 10 years honing her skills with great companies (PwC, P&G, Amazon), she’s now helping other women transition into careers they love, gain the confidence to speak up and ask for more, and see the value in their work. She shares information and advice on her website, The Worth Project, through her weekly Forbes Column, The Salary Chronicles, and as the Finance Editor for The Everygirl. She has her MBA from Duke University, is a CPA, and is currently an expat living in London with her husband and her little dog, Hattie.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- The number one thing you need to do before walking into a negotiation
- Why negotiation is a collaboration
- Steps to take in eliminating your anxiety around negotiation
- When most of the work happens in a negotiation
- What to tools to take into your negotiation with you
- How a skills assessment can help you pivot in your career without taking a pay cut
- The power of a moment of silence
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
GET SOCIAL WITH ERICA AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE!
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify or Google Play.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Have a money question you want me to answer? Submit one here.