Episode 12: Ask Mary Beth: Am I Sitting on Too Much Cash and How Do I Know How Much Mortgage I Can Afford?
AM I SITTING ON TOO MUCH CASH?
HOW DO I REALLY KNOW HOW MUCH MORTGAGE I CAN AFFORD?
One of the fun parts of being a financial planner is getting to field and answer questions from clients and readers all around the country. In these Work Your Wealth episodes I’ll be taking time to address and answer questions I’ve come across from readers and clients throughout my career. Today I’m answering the above questions.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- What amount is just enough cash to have on hand.
- Where to keep your cash savings accounts.
- How to determine what to do with additional cash beyond your emergency fund.
- Planning for short versus long-term goals.
- The lifestyle factors to consider before locking in a mortgage payment for the next 15 – 30 years.
- Decisions to make before shopping for a house.
- The #1 thing you need to get organized prior to planning a home purchase.
LINKS MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- Work Your Wealth: 9 Steps to Making Smarter Choices With Your Money
- Work Your Wealth Facebook Community
- 9 Steps to Workable Wealth
ENJOY THE SHOW?