Episode 08: Ask Mary Beth – How Do I Get Started With Investing and Retirement Savings or College Savings: Which Comes First?
HOW DO I GET STARTED WITH INVESTING?
RETIREMENT SAVINGS OR COLLEGE SAVINGS: WHICH COMES FIRST?
One of the fun parts of being a financial planner is getting to field and answer questions from clients and readers all around the country. In these Work Your Wealth episodes I’ll be taking time to address and answer questions I’ve come across from readers and clients throughout my career. Today I’m answering the above questions.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- The first thing you need to determine before you even dive into investing.
- Why a diverse portfolio matters.
- What an index does for you.
- What a mutual fund or exchange-traded fund can do for you.
- Where to start in the retirement vs. college planning debate.
- What happens when you plan for college without planning for retirement.
- Why “do what you can” is better than “do nothing”.
LINKS MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- Work Your Wealth: 9 Steps to Making Smarter Choices With Your Money
- Work Your Wealth Facebook Community
- 9 Steps to Workable Wealth
ENJOY THE SHOW?