Episode 18: How to Choose the Right Financial Planner with Alan Moore
This week I sat down with another financial planner, entrepreneur and educator, Alan Moore, to talk about the things you don’t know to ask (but should) of any financial planner you work with.
Alan Moore, MS, CFP® is the co-founder of the XY Planning Network and is the Champion of NextGen at Abacus Wealth Partners, a fee-only RIA and financial planning firm managing over $1.5 billion AUM. He is passionate about helping financial planners start and grow their own fee-only firms to serve Gen X & Gen Y clients largely ignored by traditional firms. Alan has been recognized by Investment News as a top “40 Under 40″ in financial planning, and by Wealth Management as one of a “The 10 to Watch in 2015″. Alan frequently speaks on topics related to technology, marketing, and business coaching, and has been quoted in publications including The Wall Street Journal, Forbes and The New York Times. He currently lives in Bozeman, MT so that he can hit the slopes on powder days.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- What the next generation of financial planning looks like
- What a Fiduciary is and what it means to “act in your best interest”
- Questions to ask a financial planner before working with them
- How to determine if a Financial Planner is the right Financial Planner for YOU
- The issues you might face in finding a financial planner that is a fit for you and how to overcome them
- Considerations for putting a value on financial planning advice for your situation
- The organizations that exist to advocate for you as a consumer
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- John Oliver: Retirement Plans
- Sample Fiduciary Oath (This is my signed oath for the XY Planning Network)
- XY Planning Network
- CFP Board
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Garrett Planning Network
- Alan’s E-mail address
- Alan’s Website
- Schedule a free 30-minute consultation with me
GET SOCIAL WITH ALAN AND LET HIM KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HIM HERE!
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify or Google Play.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Have a money question you want me to answer? Submit one here.