Episode 54: How to Amplify Your Voice & Speak in Public with Angela Chee
WHY AM I SO AFRAID OF PUBLIC SPEAKING?
This week I sat down with Media and Communication Coach, Angela Chee.
Angela is a Media/On-Camera and Communication Coach, TV Host, Speaker and Creator of YOU, Amplified!™ and The Empowered Thought Leader Academy™. She helps leaders and entrepreneurs who are ready to become the THE Go-to experts get more credibility, exposure and own their power and their voice. She has helped her clients unlock their inner star, become more confident, clear and effective speakers, book their first TV interviews and get on camera ready for their own videos and media appearances.
She’s a former News Anchor/Reporter who has worked in the TV industry for for more than 20 years from KCBS/KCAL-TV, and KNBC-TV in Los Angeles to Fox 6 and KNSD here in San Diego. She has hosted shows for networks like E! Entertainment, HGTV (Home and Garden Television) and helped launch Entertainment Tonight China.
Angela has also appeared as a expert on a variety of local and national shows including The Today Show, The List, Right This Minute and is the Media Mentor/Expert for Lifetimes new show The Pop Game.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Why so many people struggle when it comes to speaking in public
- The importance of overcoming your fear of public speaking
- How to prevent being your own barrier and identify what’s getting in your way
- Why you need to be clear on what you’re wanting to put out there
- How to be “You Amplified!” and turn up your energy
- Angela’s career story and how her role has evolved
- How to be confident, clear and connected with your audience
- What you need to do internally before learning to become a better speaker
- The importance of knowing how you want to portray yourself
- How to get yourself in the right place to do public speaking and media
- The best way to fine-tune your pitch when working to get media exposure
- There’s only three things you need for a media pitch and a website isn’t one of them
- The importance of knowing your audience inside corporate America
- How to connect with your audience
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
GET SOCIAL WITH ANGELA AND LET HER KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT HER HERE!
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify or Google Play.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Have a money question you want me to answer? Submit one here.