This week I had changed things up a bit and became the interviewee! I invited my husband Brian on to chat about how we decided to sell my business.
Selling my business was no easy decision. There were months of discussions, months of debate and a lot figuring out what we wanted in life. On today’s episode Brian and I chat about what led to selling my business, why we felt it was the right decision for us and some of the many things I am excited about coming up for Abacus Wealth Partners. We also chat about what you the listeners, clients, subscribers, etc. can expect going forward for the Workable Wealth and Work Your Wealth brands.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- How a big decision for your business impacts your family life
- The importance of discussing big business decisions with your significant other
- The opportunities that were available to Workable Wealth
- Factors that went into merging into a larger firm
- How Mary Beth learned and was exposed to Abacus Wealth Partners
- The push Mary Beth received through the mentorship program
- Why she explored the idea of a merger
- How the Chief Marketing Officer role played into the merger
- Mary Beth’s discovery of “secret” Abacus
- The unique way Abacus onboards new employees
- How Abacus is walking their talk when it comes to diversity
- How the culture of Abacus impacted the merger decision
- Opportunities seen within Abacus for Workable Wealth and their clients
- What it came down to for Mary Beth to say “Yes” to Abacus
- The responses clients have given regarding the merger
- What readers, listeners, clients, etc. expect going forward
- Be on the look out for the “Money Circles” launch
- What the future holds for Workable Wealth
LINKS WE MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
ENJOY THE SHOW?